This page contains information for individual generator unit parts, for information on multi-part assembled generators see: Generator (Assembly).
Generators are one of the most important parts of a spaceship, as they convert fuel into electrical energy in an efficient process. They are extremely modular, and can be configured into complexes of many different shapes and sizes - however, for each adjacent generator, the heat output is also increased.
- NOTE! tier 1 generator parts are not compatible with Tier 2 or 3.
- Tier 2 and tier 3 parts are compatible.
- Receives Processed Fuel from the fuel chamber and converts it to Power.
- This process also generates Heat.
- NOTE! The generators will constantly consume Processed fuel, wasting excess Power unless their ConversionRateLimit is modified via YOLOL.
- There are six connectors, one on each side.
- Other modules can be attached to the connectors.
- Generators produce heat proportional to their unit rate.
- For every adjacent generator unit or fuel chamber, extra heat will be generated.
- See heat mechanics for more info.
- T1 and T2 units produce 1000 units of electricity per second, if enough fuel is available, T3 units can produce 1250 units of electricity per second.
- One fuel rod can support three generator units, or 3000 (3750 for T3) units of electricity per second, without enhancement.
- An enhanced generator unit will generate more power. See enhancers for more info.
|ElectricityProduction||Amount of electricity the generator unit is currently producing per second||0 -|
|HeatProduction||Amount of heat the generator unit is currently producing per second||0 -|
|GeneratorUnitRateLimit||Upper limit for conversion rate for this generator unit||0 - 100|
|GeneratorUnitRate||Current conversion rate for this generator unit, expressed as a percentage.||0 - 100|
|GeneratorUnitStoredHeat||Amount of heat currently stored in the generator unit||0 - 1500|
|GeneratorUnitMaxStoredHeat||Maximum amount of heat that can be stored in the generator unit||1500|
To learn more about how to use fields, consult these wiki pages: