The range finder is a laser pointer that reports the distance to the object it hits.
If the range finder does not hit anything, it reports the search distance.
The finder can be used on endoskeletons and other objects.
Range finders can be used to:
- Trigger changes when the detected range changes.
- Create balance systems for space ships by comparing ranges on the opposite sides of a ship.
- Hover ship elevation control by comparing a elevation level to a range finder.
How to use:
- Range finders are bolted to a hardpoint.
- Requires a power source, such as the generator.
- Once installed, its measured range can be found from RangeFinderDistance device field.
To learn more about how to use fields, consult these wiki pages:
|RangeFinderOnState||Whether the range finder should try to be on. 0 is off, everything else is on.|
|RangeFinderSearchLength||The maximum distance to check for hits, up to the device's maximum. Measured in meters.|
|RangeFinderDistance||The output field which reports the distance the laser goes. Measured in meters.|