Official page: This page is maintained by Frozenbyte, the developers of Starbase, and cannot be edited by users. Information on this page has been confirmed to be correct at the time of writing (please get in touch if you notice anything odd or outdated).
We are active in the community and always welcome feedback. Our community has grown so large that it's likely that any changes to the game are received with mixed feelings, especially for features that we have started communicating about but which haven't made it to the game yet.
Tips for writing feedback to devs on feature changes
- Sleep on your thoughts first or at least give it some further thought; immediate posting may result in kneejerk reactions that don't hold water very well
- Write down the reasons why you think a feature or feature change is bad for the game, in as much detail as you can
- Avoid extreme language like "this kills the game", "this makes X impossible" - it's most likely not true
- Consider your own bias - have you e.g. built ships that depend on a certain feature that's now being changed? Could somebody else benefit from the change? What about those who don't use the feature at all?
- Consider, if you can, the overall universe of Starbase. There's a lot of aspects to Starbase. How does the change work for a single player vs small groups vs big groups? Big ships and small ships? PvP vs peaceful gameplay? Economy? New players vs veteran players?
- Do a spellcheck on your text; well-written text always helps the reader take it more seriously
- Add images if there's something that helps illustrate your thoughts
- Post on the forums instead of Discord (forum links are easier to share, and Discord is hard to keep up as the discussion can go on multiple tangents)
Q: Can I ping a dev or link my post to devs?
A: We ask you not to ping devs for feedback. However we often follow Discord and will get the feedback. If you've made a forum post, it's ok to post the link again when a dev is interacting in the chat, even if you've posted it previously. Note that Discord moderators do not have any special access to developers and are not involved in any development decisions.
Starbase submits crash dumps automatically in most cases. However sometimes the game crashes before it has a chance to do so. We may ask you to send us crash dumps manually in this case. Here's the steps for it:
- Locate the crash dump folder in your Steam game folder, i.e.
- Locate the exact file that matches the timestamp of your crash, i.e. a file called
- If it's over 1 MB, please zip it if you can
- Contact a developer in one of the support channels
- Send the dump, along with information:
- Where and how the game crashed, what you were doing etc.
- Game version or other
- Ship name or blueprint name if relevant