Data networks enable the creation, maintenance and control of large number of devices. Universal tool and cable tool are the tools generally used for managing data networks.
Data networks enable designers and pioneers to create, modify and maintain devices, such as power generators, programmable logic chips and more mundane devices such as doors and elevators.
The signals are controlled with programming language YOLOL that is accessible to everyone.
Objects have physical sockets and virtual device fields inside them.
- Sockets are used to connect objects to data networks with cables or directly through other devices.
- Device fields are configured and accessed when objects share the same data network.
- A device field controls one specific attribute or feature within a device.
- These device field names can generally be configured by using the appropriate tool.
Data network resources
Data networks are connected together with cables.
When devices are connected together, the data network can transfer two different resources.
Electricity: all objects within the data network share power
- A generator attached to a data network tries to supply power to multiple devices or machines.
- This is why it is important to have multiple generators if there are many devices connected to the data network that need power.
Signals: all objects within the data network are able to communicate with each other
- Cables can connect to each other directly.
- Sockets may have multiple connections and cables may branch.
- There are no limits to how many data networks can exist e.g. on one spaceship.
- A branched data network doesn't break as easily during combat.